What is Hatha Yoga?
Hatha Yoga is the most widely practiced form of yoga in the world. Hatha Yoga uses postures (asana) and conscious breathing (Pranayama) in combination with mental focus to develop awareness, strength and flexibility, and relaxation. Through proper alignment and mindful actions of the body, Hatha Yoga brings balance, strength, and a sense of well-being to the practitioner.
Benefits of Hatha Yoga
- Builds strength
- Increases flexibility and muscle tone
- Brings focus to the mind
- Encourages physical and mental balance
- Develops proper body alignment
- Reduces stress
- Encourages a sense of calm and peace
- Increases lung capacity for better breathing